Workshop on Linked Enterprise Data Services, Provenance, Linking and QualitY
Thanks to all authors for their contribution. The submission deadline was May 15, 2017. The acceptance notification wil be sent to all authors on June 05, 2017.
The biggest challenge for data-driven enterprise and e-commerce applications in the next decade is the transition from the integration of static and homogeneously structured data to the dynamic integration of heterogeneous, distributed, and semantically structured data (e.g., along value chains). Many companies, especially in the Industry 4.0 context, are increasingly focusing on the transformation and interconnection of existing data using semantic approaches (RDF).
Semantically annotated data can easily be connected to information from other domains, which would be expensive or unaffordable for companies that follow a classical data generation approach. By integrating and interconnecting several knowledge sources, companies automatically benefit from the dynamic growth and continuous improvement of different data sources. As a consequence, the quality of their own products and services as well as cross-company value chains can be significantly improved. The advantages of the linked-data approach against conventional data integration techniques are, among other things, an increased data model flexibility, better scalability on a large number of data sources, and richer context information through relationship effects. This significantly improves the technological basis and quality of many existing applications. Entirely new enterprise services and applications are thus possible, especially in the E-Commerce and E-Government application domain.
The LEDSPLaY17 workshop addresses these challenges and wants to bring together scientists, practitioners and domain experts to discuss current issues and new research approaches in the area of Linked Enterprise Data Management. We would like to focus on data and quality management, versioning, evolution and provenance, as well as on linking and data fusion of company data. Trends and ongoing technological developments can be presented, as well as current questions and problems from science and practice can be discussed with a broad specialist audience. We are also very interested in actual use cases as well as possible solutions in the areas of public administration and enterprise data management.
The workshop will focus on:
- Data/Information Quality and Policies
- Formal Models for Data Quality
- Data Quality Measurement and Metrics
- Evolution of Data Quality
- Versioning and Co-Evolution of Linked Data
- Provenance Tracking and Exploitation
- Link and Knowledge Extraction
- Corporate Memory and Big Data/Linked Data Integration
- Data Lakes
- Data Curation
- Smart Data Management and Data Fusion
- Corporate Data and Enterprise Application Development
- Requirements and Business Use Cases for Linked Data
- Open eGovernment Data
- Semantic eCommerce
- Submission of contributions: until 30 Apr 2017 extended until 14 May 2017 23:59 (CEST)
- Decision on acceptance: until 15 May 2017 until 05 Jun 2017
- Submission of the printable version: until 30 Jun 2017
- Workshop date: Thursday, 28 Sep 2017
Information on submission
- Both theoretical and practical articles should describe original work, present significant results of high quality, and provide rigorous, principled, and repeatable evaluation, the scientific contribution should be clearly recognizable.
- The content of the articles should be oriented towards the focus of the workshop.
- We prefer submissions in English.
- Full papers must not be longer than 12 pages, short papers must not be longer than 8 pages including bibliography.
- Papers must be formatted according to the LNI format specifications of the GI (updated version!). Word and LaTeX templates are provided.
- The submissions will be peer reviewed.
- Contributions may also be submitted from the program and organization committee.
- An application for INFORMATIK 2017 is required to participate in the workshop.
- The accepted contributions will be published in the Open Access proceedings of the INFORMATIK 2017.
|Alessandro||Adamou||Knowledge Media Institute, The Open University|
|Jose María||Alvarez Rodríguez||Carlos III University of Madrid|
|Charalampos||Bratsas||Open Knowledge Greece & Mathematics Department of Aristotle University|
|Paul||Buitelaar||Insight – National University of Ireland, Galway|
|Ioana-Georgiana||Ciuciu||Babes-Bolyai University, Cluj-Napoca|
|Roberta||Cuel||University of Trento|
|Aba-Sah||Dadzie||Knowledge Media Institute, The Open University|
|Claudia||d’Amato||University of Bari|
|Florian||Daniel||Politecnico di Milano|
|Brian||Davis||Insight Centre for Data Analytics, Galway|
|Jeremy||Debattista||University of Bonn|
|Christian||Dirschl||Wolters Kluwer Germany|
|Mauro||Dragoni||Fondazione Bruno Kessler – FBK-IRST|
|Ingo||Feinerer||University of Applied Sciences Wiener Neustadt|
|Javier D.||Fernández||Vienna University of Economics and Business|
|José María||García||University of Seville|
|Juan Miguel||Gomez||Universidad Carlos III de Madrid|
|Jose Manuel||Gomez-Perez||Expert System|
|Michael||Granitzer||University of Passau|
|Benjamin||Heitmann||RWTH Aachen University, Database and Information Systems Group (i5)|
|Valentina||Janev||The Mihajlo Pupin Institute|
|Sabrina||Kirrane||Vienna University of Economics and Business – WU Wien|
|Magnus||Knuth||Hasso Plattner Institute, University of Potsdam|
|Dimitris||Kontokostas||University of Leipzig|
|Jose Emilio||Labra Gayo||Universidad de Oviedo|
|Joerg||Laessig||University of Applied Sciences Zittau/Görlitz|
|Sandra||Lovrenčić||University of Zagreb, Faculty of organization and informatics Varazdin, Pavlinska 2, HR-42000 Varazdin, Croatia|
|John P.||Mccrae||National University of Ireland, Galway|
|Roy||Meissner||Institute of Applied Informatics|
|Dmitry||Mouromtsev||NRU ITMO, Russia|
|Markus||Nentwig||University of Leipzig|
|Axel-Cyrille||Ngonga Ngomo||University of Leipzig|
|Lyndon||Nixon||MODUL Technology GmbH|
|Andrea Giovanni||Nuzzolese||STLab, ISTC-CNR|
|Tassilo||Pellegrini||University of Applied Sciences St. Pölten|
|Thomas||Riechert||Leipzig University of Applied Sciences|
|Anisa||Rula||University of Milano-Bicocca|
|Holger||Stenzhorn||Saarland University Hospital|
|Simon||Steyskal||Siemens AG Austria|
|Mari Carmen||Suárez-Figueroa||Universidad PolitÃ©cnica de Madrid|
|Jürgen||Umbrich||Vienna University of Economy and Business (WU)|
|Joerg||Unbehauen||University of Leipzig|
|Maria Esther||Vidal||Universidad Simon Bolivar, Dept. Computer Science|
|Ulli||Waltinger||Siemens AG – Corporate Technology|
|Krzysztof||Wecel||Poznan University of Economics|
|Wolfram||Wöß||Institute for Application Oriented Knowledge Processing, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria|
|Eva||Zangerle||Databases and Information Systems, Department of Computer Science, University of Innsbruck|
If you have any questions regarding the workshop, feel free to contact us via